GOLF SCRAMBLE RULES:
(All play shall conform to USGA Rules)
PLACE AND TIME:
- Quicksilver Country Club, Midway, PA.
- Tee times are from noon to approx. 1:30 or so. I will have the details in a day or two
- DETOUR: QUICKSILVER ROAD CLOSED AT ROUTE 980. ALTERNATE DETOUR ROUTE. Follow posted detour until you arrive at Valero Gas station in Midway. From that point follow “YELLOW” Alternate Detour signs. (Turn right thru tunnel)
- Four person scramble tournament.
- Please smooth all marks made in Sand Bunkers.
- Leave the putting green as soon as you have holed out.
- Do not play until the players in front of you are out of range.
- Balls may be cleaned on the green, and ball marks repaired prior to putting.
- Please observe all local course rules.
- Attire – Collared shirt, no jeans, cut-off shorts nor metal spikes.
- Enjoy the day and your fellowship with other golfers!
- A scramble means that all team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
- The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Each team member hits their next shot from the chosen spot of the prior shot.
- If the ball you choose to play is in a hazard (sand, water, etc.), the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
- This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green also.
- Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score. When putting, once any ball is holed out, no further strokes count. The team is cautioned not to make “tap” in putts until all team members have had the opportunity to attempt the team’s original putt.
- Each player’s tee shot must be used at least two times during the 18-hole competition.
- A team is not allowed any player’s shot to be used twice in a row.
- If a team is putting OR chipping for a bogey, pick-up and mark your score as a bogey.
- Always keep up with the group in front of you.
- In the case of a tie, the Pitt POV staff will compare the scorecard of the teams that have tied starting with the hole with the highest handicap moving to the hole with the lowest handicap, continuing until one team has the lowest score on a hole.
These rules are subject to change/updating prior to the start of the tournament.
Notes: OK – those are the rules. Here is some additional info…
It appears that we will have 25-27 attendees with probably 23-25 of those will be golfing. I appreciate the numerous invitations to be part of a foursome but I won’t be able to do that.
It is not too late to get registered and attend – and as I have said if you want to drive down just for the drinks and camaraderie then please do. It will be $75 if you golf; $25 if you eat the meal and we’ll turn a blind eye if you just show up and buy everyone a round.
I’ll have some goodie-bags made up of Pitt & Pitt POV swag with name tags attached with both real and screen names so we all know who we are. I will write them out because I guarantee my printing is better than yours.
We’ll have some pretty cool prizes also – trophies (The “FRANKCAN-PITT POV Memorial Trophy”), bottles of good booze and assorted nice things to get you to donate more… just kidding… maybe.
In addition I’ll give a presentation-type gig where we’ll talk about the Pitt POV blog and what it has done so far; fun trivia stuff like most comments by a poster, Pitt football trivia, “Guess who said what?” and I’ll compile some ‘best and worst‘ comments lists.
I guess I’ll be the Master of ceremonies if we can herd everyone into one place at the same time.
By the way – the “sponsorship” part of the Golf Outing was what we had hoped would push us up over our Quicksilver Country Club overhead/golf expenses but that didn’t happen save for two sponsors (thank you Erie Express and rkb!!) So at this point we are just about at break-even or even a bit short of what is needed to cover expenses.
Some readers were very generous and chipped in some extra $$$ as a donation also (thank you Markp, Dan72 and Tedsptman!!) but as it stands there will be no money for the charity and the POV to split. I can absorb the POV not getting any money when the dust settles but we will have a donation jar set up for the Grassroots charity for attendees to drop a bill or two in.
But the important thing isn’t the $$$ – that will work out – the important thing is that you come over and have fun with everyone else. In essence this is our first ‘tailgate’ with each other and we’ll keep that going in the Gold Lots at Heinz Field starting at 10:00 or so on Saturday…. look for a 20′ flagpole with the POV and Pitt Script flags proudly flying for that one.
I’ll have more details of the day’s schedule soon – please talk to Rick Caldwell for actual golf questions like tee times, etc… his contact info is:
717-951-9805 or firstname.lastname@example.org’
Let’s keep a keen eye on the weather – as of today it looks like it will be a grand day for golf and getting a neon tan back in the clubhouse… keep fingers crossed…
I truly can’t wait guys – getting more excited by the day…
Hail to Pitt!!!