31 December 2016
Dear Pitt POV Readers and Friends,
As a new year begins I’d like to take a moment and share some of my thoughts with you regarding this website and your involvement in it. If I may, let me take a minute and list the things that I wrote down as a mission guide for myself before I started this endeavor:
- Make it a place where Pitt Fans meet to discuss the Pitt football program and the University itself.
- Create an environment where the readers become commenters, the commenters become friends and the friends become family.
- Keep it a civil, clean, and well-respected place where everyone is entitled to their opinion, has a platform to share that opinion with others and can expect honest feedback.
- Integrate humor and teaching along with honest criticism into the discussion of the subject matter at hand.
- As the owner and writer I will keep an open mind to others’ thoughts and criticisms and use them to continually make this site better for everyone who comes to read and comment.
How have I done so far with that? Well, I hope.
My thanks to you all for helping to make this site the resounding success it has been so far. It has taken off beyond what I envisioned when I started it. We now have hundreds of thousands of readers, great commenters (you) and are getting more new readers and commenters, members of the “Pitt POV family” as it were, every single day. Growing by leaps and bounds…