November 12, 2021
Pitt arrived at Heinz Field on Thursday night ready to play. There was no doubt about that. Unfortunately, when we went in for the halftime break, a different team seemed to come out of the tunnel. We had a good first half, a bad 2nd half and a very good overtime. I have a hard time calling any win ugly, and fortunately we don’t have to discuss an ugly loss.
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Another November win.
- Krull’s katch to score in OT.
- The timing of the rain.
- Devonshire and Bright’s defensive performances.
- Kancey was a beast all night long.
- Our two MLB’s – Dennis the Menace and Curious George – what a good 1-2 punch.
- The first two TD’s of the game.
- Blue Mountain Bart’s 1st half performance.
- One more step closer to the ACC championship game.
- Five sacks in the 1st half by the Pitt D.
- The Panthers defeated their 2nd top ten preseason team (Clemson & UNC).
- UNC was 1-4 on 4th down conversions.
- Kenny Pickett’s leadership and with another good statistical game –
- Krull’s early drop.
- Pickett’s INT late in the game was very bad and almost cost the Panther’s a win.
- Magician Whipple’s ability to make the TE’s and RB’s disappear in the 2nd half, with a 2 score lead.
- Attempting FG’s when we were told at the start of the season by the HC we were going for TD’s.
- Our Erie County kicker – missed a PAT and 2 FG’s. Many of his kicks looked bad.
- The overall 2nd half performance by Pitt players and coaches.
- Too many 3 and outs.
- The punt return where Addison was lift up during the tackle while another Tar Heel launched himself at Jordan like a missile.
Let us know your Good, Bad & Ugly observations.
Next up are the Virginia Cavaliers who are currently 1 game behind our Pitt Panthers in the Coastal division standings. The winner next week has the best chance at winning the division and playing in the ACC Championship game in early December. However, Miami looms closely behind, also 1 game behind with the tie breaker vs Pitt.