Pat Narduzzi is fast filling up the 2021 recruiting class.
A few hours ago Pittsburgh Sports Now’s Alan Saunders astutely pointed this out.
A short while later Central Valley’s Stephon Hall Committed.
Hall is a high-two star on Rivals (5.4), and had 18 total offers, although only five of them were Power Five. If he had just sent them a picture they might have bumped him up to 5.5 and given him that extra star. Not that it matters.
At the end of the day, Hall has prototypical height for the safety position at 6’2″, but is a little bit lean at 165. If you look at his video, he’s good in run support but seems to lack the burst of a Paris Ford or even a Damar Hamlin. (Although Ford’s closing speed elite and not many will match it). With that being said, you’d have to think there is room on Hall’s 6’2″ frame to add about 30 lbs of muscle, and you’d like 20 of those to go to his legs. That will definitely help. Of course all that is predicated on how dedicated he is to his craft…
The good news is that based on his offer sheet, Hall appears to be a high character guy Offers from all three service academies are all you need to see to tell you that. Which means that he’s probably more likely to put in the work and develop himself as a player.
P5 Offer List (5)
- Boston College – Former Pitt assistant now BC head coach Jeff Hafley trying to get in on the WPIAL action.
- Syracuse – Heyyyy Pitt offered him!
- Wake Forest – Dave Clawson showing his MAC roots here.
- West Virginia – Probably played the semi-hometown hero card here. Clearly it did not work.
- Pitt – Hail to.
Non P5 Offer List (13)
- Air Force – Off we go into the wild blue yonder.
- Akron – MAC 1
- Army – On, Brave Old Army Team
- Ball State – MAC 2
- Bowling Green – MAC 3
- Buffalo – MAC 4
- Central Michigan – MAC 5
- Eastern Michigan – MAC 6
- Kent State – MAC 7
- Navy – Anchors Away
- Old Dominion – They put up 17 against Virginia Tech last year, which is more than you can say for Pitt.
- Toledo – MAC 8
- William and Mary – I’m just Glad this didn’t say Elon
Welcome to Pitt Stephon Hall. May you eat your fill of the training table, and spend most of your free time in the weight room, doing agility drills and studying film so that you can prove the doubters wrong.
Hail to Pitt