Pat Narduzzi and co flipped a commit from Iowa State today. Noah Biglow is a 6’0″, 170 lb cornerback from the Tampa area. He’d been omitted to Iowa State for about a month and a half before flipping his commitment today. I for one respect his decision. I’m sure my counterpart in Ames, Iowa does not.
Rivals lists him as a 5.5 – three star, so he’s about what you’d expect Narduzzi and company to reel in. However, he’s from Florida and well their track record with slightly undersized mid-level recruits out of Florida has not been all that bad…at least on the defensive side of the ball. Case in point:
Narduzzi-era Three-Star and Under Defensive Recruits from Florida
- Keyshon Camp – DT – 5.7 – Hit – at least when he’s on the field. Injuries aside, the talent is there.
- Henry Miller – DB – 5.6 – Miss
- Rashad Weaver – DE – 5.4 – Hit
- Damarri Matthis – DB – 5.7 – Hit – average to above average corner (at times) as a true sophomore. Will improve this year.
- Albert Tucker – LB – 5.6 – Miss
- Deslin Alexandre – DE – 5.5 – Hit
- V’lique Carter – Recruited as a DB – 5.6. I’m going to call him a hit since he helped us beat Duke twice, and I think he’d have contributed in a bigger way this year if he didn’t hit the transfer portal.
- Marquis Williams – DB – 5.6 – Too early to call him a hit, but he’s in line to be the third corner this year. We still don’t know if he’ll be a good third corner though.
- Habakkuk Baldonaldo – DE – 5.5 – Hit
- Brandon Hill – DB – 5.6 – Too early to tell
- Kalijah Cancey – DT – 5.6 – Too early to tell
- Leslie Smith – LB – 5.5 – Too early to tell
Looking at this list it’s pretty apparent that roughly 67% of three star defensive recruits out of Florida pan out for Pitt. That’s a pretty good hit rate. So I think you have to at least give Mr. Biglow a couple years to develop before you pass final judgement.
Speaking of judgement, lets have a look at his offer sheet
Power 5 (6 offers):
- Duke – Has brains. Check.
- Iowa State – The Pittsburgh of the Corn Belt
- Kansas – The Rutgers of the Wheat Belt
- Virginia – Say what you want about this kid’s offer list, Bronco Mendenhall knows defensive talent
- Washington State – On the other hand…Wazzu not exactly the paragon of stellar defense
- Pitt – Is Lit.
Non Power 5
- Army – Takes a special kind of guy to play for a service academy, and I’ll never fault anyone who chooses to.
- Buffalo – Requisite MAC school offer? Check.
- Campbell – All hail the Fighting Camels
- Charlotte – Check
- FIU – Made a play for a relatively local guy. Good for them.
- Georgia State – Beat Tennessee on the road last year.
- North Dakota State – Carson Wentz would be proud.
- Tennessee State – HBCU located in Nashville
- Tennessee-Martin – mmmeh
- Western Kentucky – All the charms of West Virginia, but with lower-grade athletics.
Here’s Biglow’s highlight reel
Welcome to Pitt Noah. May you prove the three-star haters wrong.
Ps- also this