POV’s Pitt vs Syracuse Prediction Thread

POV’s Pitt vs Syracuse Prediction Thread

It’s  getting toward the end of the week and closing in on game time.  I’m having medical stuff done so this is going to be short and sweet.

Here is the latest from Oddsshark.com. The line currently is SYR (-4.5).  Funny though they predict the final score to be 30-28 ‘Cuse. That sounds very small to me; both the spread,  the SYR point total and the margin of victory.

ESPN has SYR with a 75.6% chance of victory to 24.4%.  That seems about right.

One big difference I noticed was the SYR was #12 in the nation for number of offensive plays.  Pitt, of course, is #123 which means our offense sucks and theirs sustains drives that end in scores.  If that holds then we have major problems.

I just think that their QB, Eric Dungy, is too good with his passing with 9 TDs to only 2 INTs… and he’s averaging 5.3 yards per carry on 64 carries, so he’s a good runner himself. Now, if that sounds familiar that is exactly the cloth PSU’s McSorley and UCF’s Milton are cut from and they put up 51 and 45 points respectively on our defense.

I’ll  take the Orange with a bigger margin of victory.

Syracuse – 40 Pitt – 24

Note: After five game last season our QBs had thrown for 1,260 yards, 6 TDs and 4 INTs.  This season Pickett and Town have passed for 758 yards with 5 TDs and 4 INTs.

Trust The Process!!