First off, as promised, here is the donation of your golfing money to the Grassroots of Howard County Day Resource Center.
It was a check for $300, was well received and is needed – as you can see by the missing drywall in the ceiling of the rooms behind us.
I can’t thank you guys enough for chipping in the way you all did and I will say that I made sure your donated fees are being expressly used to support the homeless services in our county. Not only did we all have a great time – you probably put some new boots on, or food in the stomach of, someone living out in the woods.
I have to say that my original plan of splitting any ‘profits’ from the Golf Outing between Grassroots and the POV went by the wayside when the final financial tally was done. I put 100% into the charity and took a small hit on the day. But that was perfectly acceptable considering I’m the one who threw the credit card up on the bar (no POV donation money was used for booze).
I really can’t wait for next year’s outing guys… and let’s start thinking of a mid-season POV Dinner or something up in the PGH area before a home game.
Speaking of golf -I went out with my new clubs yesterday and hit two buckets. I hurt.
Here is something Pitt Football related that two readers sent me yesterday – a listing of the school-best current NFL Players. There is a lot more info on that site if you click onto the link… Like this:
Isn’t it interesting that of these 10 schools listed above for All-Pros none of them are considered the “Mega-Football” schools like Ohio State or Alabama, Penn State, etc…
However if you click on the “Pro Bowlers” box above (on the actual site) then Pitt is nowhere to be seen. Strange that.
Of course this strikes to the heart of Pitt fan’s frustration with our football program and its history. We produce wonderful All-Americans and NFL stars yet we can’t win more than nine games a year in forever it seemed.
Seven 10+ win seasons in all of our long history and only once (2009) since the 1981 season. 46 years and one double-digit win season and with all those All-American players we produce. No wonder so many Pitt fans are institutionalized.
Now – this is interesting in that we may see a couple more of the newly departed Pitt players becoming NFL stars in Tyler Boyd, Conner, Bisnowaty, Dorian Johnson and maybe Peterman also. Yet with the exception of Peterman they were recruited by Paul Chryst who fans say couldn’t recruit that well.
Throw Ejuan Price in there too as well as he might surprise at the next level…
I replied back to the guys saying that we may well see this trend of All-Pro players out of Pitt continue under Pat Narduzzi. Two straight eight win seasons isn’t anything to sniff at and there is no reason, given his recruiting pans out, that we won’t see it happen again and soon. At least we all hope so.
FOR TONIGHT’S ROUNDTABLE CALL-IN…
Alright guys – we’ll take the first 3 or 4 callers starting at 8:00 pm (make it about 5 minutes early to login.)
Here is the info to get into the Bluejeans Roundtable meeting for 4/25/17; 07:50 pm – 09:00 pm…
????????? (this changes for each meeting – I’ll have the real one in a posted comment around 7:45 tonight.)
Enter audio code on your phone
XXXXXXX – (this changes for each meeting – I’ll have the real one in a comment around 7:45 tonight.)
SEE YOU AT AROUND 7:45 OR SO…. Here are some items we’ll discuss:
Some Round Table Questions
- Where did you grow up and what HS did you attend?
- How did you first become interested in Pitt Football?
- What is your strongest Pitt football memory – positive and negative.
- To me, I am Pitt’s target market…, those that did not attend the university, but reside in Pittsburgh. I think attendance would improve if they could reel in others like me. So how is this best done? Well ,winning is one thing and possibly the only thing. What else?
- If the defense gets off to a real bad start, would you fire Conklin mid-season or before?
- How much do uniforms matter to you?
- Do you visit the Oakland campus at all and what changes would you make there?
- Do you miss PITT stadium at all?
- How would you improve the student participation?
- Who are your 5 or 3 all-time PITT favorite players?
- What three (3) BIG items of discussion will we be having after the season ends about what transpired during the 2017 season?
- Ask Callers to show off their best Pitt souvenirs and memorabilia…
For pmdH2P: Here is the sculpture I was talking about that my wife hates… I love it and call him “George”. Anyone figure pout why I named him that?